Monday, January 25, 2010

Place et à venir des Artistes!

I have decided to start doing posts about Place et à venir des artistes (up and coming artists)

This should be interesting! I will interview different artists and post some of their work as well.


This first post will be featuring


HUNTER PATRICK


MC-Where do you do most of your work?

HP-Most of my work is done in my little apartment.

it works out well unless you try painting intoxicated.

Then pain ends up everywhere you don't want it; walls, carpet, etc.


MC-What inspires your work? Movies? Music? Life

Experiences?

HP-Inspiration can derive from pure boredom in my case,

but I've found that women inspire my best

work, muses if you will.


MC-What techniques do you use? What are the

basic supplies you need to complete a masterpiece?

HP-I'm a strong believer that masterpieces can

come from any medium, but in this case... give me an

old piano, some buckets of house paint, a few Montana cans,

I'll see what I can muster up.


MC-How old are you? Where did you grow up?

When did you start doing art?

HP-19 years old, born in Portland, Oregon. When I was a baby my parents use to

set me up with a canvas and let me go to town. I moved to LA at 4,

lived in the Pacific Palisades until 10 then was relocated

to Agoura Hills. From there, graduated did a stint in

Santa Barbara, then made my way back to LA.


MC-Do you have a certain theme you seem to stick to in a lot

of your art?

HP-My art is weird lots of drugs, crazy people,

monsters and sex.


MC- Is your art for sale?

HP-If anybody wants to buy my art or art from a lot of cool

artists they can come to the Artists for Haiti show

I'm organizing. The show is Feb. 6Th 2010 at LA BARN in

Culver City. Live music, Art, Drinks...

Should be a popping good time for a good cause. For more info please visit

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=260726665671&ref=ts









No comments:

Post a Comment